PRICE REDUCTION Historic Cafe in Southern Highlands NSW with Freehold Option
Traditional café in a conservation area of one of the prettiest Villages in the region of Bundanoon. Freehold option, includes historic building, outbuilding and large block. Up & coming location.
$155,000 per annum
Bundanoon, Southern Highlands NSW
There are several avenues for revenue growth, including:
Redefining the product offer to a more upmarket artisan café model;
Introducing a comprehensive range of teas, cakes, pastries, etc;
Introducing alcohol to the menu;
Broadening the product offer to include complementary products, utilising the unused space;
Arts and crafts could be sold from the rear outbuilding;
A small garden nursery could be included in the large unused garden;
Packaged local produce could be stocked; and
So many other possibilities.
Chef/cooking skills an advantage
Currently 6 days, 8.30am - 8.30pm (closed Tues)
The business comes with a freehold option. A new lease will be offered by the vendor if required.
One full time staff member, two casuals and a full time owner.
Reason for Sale
The owner now wants to retire and enjoys the fruits of his labour of love. The owner will train and work with the new owners to ensure a smooth transition and so the business continues to prosper.
About the Business
• Has been consistently profitable, providing a very good return for the owners - full financials will be made available to genuinely interested parties.
• Has the space for an expansion of the current business activities, as the rear yard is largely unused, and the outbuilding, currently being used as a one-bedroom accommodation unit, could be converted to commercial activities.
• Is in a well preserved, historic building, which is within a designated conservation area of a pretty town, in the beautiful Southern Highlands. It's in an area of outstanding beauty and a popular destination for both tourists and day-trippers from Sydney.
• Is located in the middle of the main street, with ample free parking nearby and directly opposite to the train station, which is the main line between Sydney and Melbourne.
• Currently offers a traditional café fare, with a separate pizza section and a good coffee offer. The business could be taken more upmarket, converted to an artisan café or indeed converted to other retail or service operation.
• In addition to the full-time involvement of one of the owners, currently employs 1 fully trained staff member and some part-time casual staff, which varies in number depending on seasonality.
• Well represented in all of the main social media platforms and has achieved a 4.5/5 rating on Facebook.
The business has been in the hands of the current owners for decades.